Post Title Administrative Assistant
Base Studio 1 or 2, Lindean Mill, Galashiels, TD1 3PE
Responsible To South of Scotland Golden Eagle Project Manager and
SUP Finance and Office Manager
Gross Salary £20,188 pa pro rata £10,094 pa
Pension Contribution Employer contribution 8% of salary (5% employee contribution)
Contract Period Temporary, fixed term, until 31st March 2020
With possibility of extension to 14th December 2022
Contract Hours Part-time (18.5 hrs/wk) (2.5 days/wk)
It may occasionally be necessary to attend meetings outwith normal working hours (for which time off in lieu will be given).
The post holder will be responsible for undertaking various administrative tasks to assist with the delivery of the South of Scotland Golden Eagle project and the efficient operation of the Company.
For further details on the South of Scotland Golden Eagle project, visit www.goldeneaglessouthofscotland.co.uk.
- Screen general emails and redistribute to the appropriate team member for action.
- Respond to enquiries / answer telephone calls.
- Assist with making travel arrangements and organise Conferences etc.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations and educational materials.
- Plan and attend meetings and produce Minutes of meetings within agreed timescales.
- Assist with the procurement of project items (following Company procedures).
- Ensure all evidence is filed ready for grant claims.
- Scanning and photocopying as required.
- Assist staff with compilation of expense claims, travel claims and other procedures so that claims meet required standards.
- Liaise with Finance Manager to ensure information for grant claims is available.
- Updates to website and blogs, social media posts and sending of e-newsletters as appropriate.
- Liaison with partners, ‘Friends’, members, community, stakeholders, etc when required.
- Carry out other administration work as required.
No Job Description can be entirely comprehensive and the post holder will be expected to carry out other duties from time to time that are commensurate with the above responsibilities and determined by the Project Manager or Finance and Office Manager.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in working in a small busy organisation.
- Excellent working knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Office suite – in particular.
- Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint. Desirable
- Basic book-keeping or accounting skills and experience.
- Knowledge of procurement and purchasing.
- Familiarity with social media platforms.
- Experience of charities and the third sector would be an advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Attention to detail.
- Organisational and planning skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and use initiative.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a small team.
- A full and current driving licence with access to a car would be desirable.
- Maintain confidentiality of all project related and Company information.
- Ability to relate well to a diverse range of occupations, organisations and key partners.
- Willingness to work flexible working hours, to meet the needs of the workload and organisation.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Strong commitment to the aims and objectives of the organisation.
This post is funded by:
Application Form (Word Doc)